A volleying machine with tons of forgiveness and a new magnesium throat for better stability and more power. The HEAD MxG 5 features a precision-injected Magnesium and Graphene throat, that has radically changed the way this racquet plays compared to others on the market with similar specs. The main strings have more room to move and feed further through the racquet which expands the sweet spot giving players more forgiveness and better access to power. While providing more power, the throat increases stability so that players can harness an opponents power - and their own - with greater control. Perfect for doubles play because of the 105 sq. inch head size and even balance, the MxG 5 also plays well in singles. On serve the racquet cannons the ball thanks to the forgiving head size and 16x18 string pattern while the ever so slight .2 inches of extra length gives just enough more to devastate opponents. Overall, the innovation of HEAD's MxG 5 racquet promotes extra power and stability in a roughly 10 ounces racquet that is sure to bring new dimensions to the game.
- Head Size: 105 sq. in. / 680 sq. cm.
- Length: 27.2 in.
- Strung Weight 10.2 oz. / 290 g.
- Unstrung Weight: 9.7 oz. / 275 g.
- Strung Balance: Even Balance
- Swingweight: 313
- Flex: 68
- Beam Width: 24 mm / 26 mm / 23 mm
- Composition: Graphite, Graphene Touch, Magnesium
- String Pattern: 16 Mains x 18 Crosses
- Recommended String Tension: 48 - 57 lbs.
- Grip: HEAD Ultimate Grip