Former racquet of choice for both Maria Sharapova and Tomas Berdych. Unlike the previous versions of the Instinct MP the IG model uses an open 16x19 string pattern providing easy access to top spin and slice. Thanks to the inclusion of new technologies and materials, this model has a more comfortable feel which is a result Innegra's dampening qualities. The Instinct MP is a great racquet on serve because it's very easy to swing through the contact zone and easy to control. From the baseline, the frame's stiffness comes through with a solid feel. Players looking to get the most out of this racquet will really appreciate a hybrid stringing of a multi or gut in the mains for more power and poly in the crosses for great control. Overall, the racquet pays great from the baseline but can easily be effective at net because it's so maneuverable at 5 points Head Light without being pushed around.
- Head Size: 100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm
- Length: 27 in.
- Strung Weight: 11.1 oz. / 315 g.
- Unstrung Weight: 10.6 oz. / 300 g.
- Balance: 5 Points Head Light
- Swingweight: 304
- Flex: 69
- Beam Width: 23 mm / 25 mm / 21 mm
- Composition: Graphite, YouTek, Innegra, D3O
- String Pattern: 16 Mains x 19 Crosses
- Recommended String Tension: 48 - 57 lbs.
- Grip: HEAD Hydrosorb Tour