The Wilson Pro Staff 97 Countervail provides tennis with a player's racquet that is identical to Roger's RF97 Autograph but slightly lighter. This Pro Staff 97 features Wilson's Countervail technology, a material designed and tested for vibration dampening and aids players with muscle fatigue. The thin 21.5 mm box beam shape and braided graphite construction combine to provide players with classic feel while the interwoven Countervail material helps to reduce vibration making it a more comfortable frame on off-centre shots. Lighter than the RF97 Autograph, the 97 Countervail is still powerful and delivers excellent plow-through that can stand up against heavier racquets. The 7 points strung balance makes it feel extremely fast as you come through the contact zone, so you feel that any shot is within your reach. Identical in spec to the previous red and black Pro Staff 97, this version features a cosmetic re-design to mimic Roger's racquet and features Countervail making it a great option for any player that wants precision and control.
- Head Size: 97 sq. inches / 626 sq. cm
- Length: 27 inches
- Strung Weight: 11.6 oz. / 330 g.
- Unstrung Weight: 11.1 oz. / 315 g.
- Strung Balance: 7 Pts. Head Light
- Swingweight: 320
- Flex: 65
- Beam Width: 21.5 mm / 21.5 mm / 21.5 mm
- Composition: Graphite, Countervail
- String Pattern: 16 Mains x 19 Crosses
- Recommended String Tension: 50 - 60 lbs.
- Grip: Wilson Pro